No.247[Exclusive Plan] Tsubosaka-dera Temple, Special Entry at Night
Per group: 50,000JPY (from 1 to 20 people) Available
* Date: Please consult us about your preferred date. Required
17:30 – 20:00（about 2 hours) Language Japanese,English
[Exclusive Plan] Tsubosaka-dera Temple, Special Entry at Night
|Program||[Exclusive Plan] Tsubosaka-dera Temple, Special Entry at Night|
|Booking benefits||・ Exclusive entry to the temple’s ground|
|Available time period||
All season program
|Required time||17:30 – 20:00（about 2 hours)|
|Schedule||Reception → Exclusive tour guided by a monk → Prayer for cure and good health of your eyes (Goshuin-fuda charm included) → Exploring freely in the temple’s grounds → Tour ends
* A schedule may be changed without a prior notice.
* Please go down a mountain by 20:00 as the mountain road will be closed at night.
|group / party||* The number of persons: A group of up to 20 persons is \50,000 per group for an exclusive special entry.
(For over 20 persons, an additional \2,500 per person is required. A group of up to 80 persons can be accepted. Please make inquiries.)
|Requirements for participation||Barrier-free facilities including restrooms are available from a parking lot to the temple’s grounds.
If sitting on your heels is difficult while participating in the prayer, a chair is available.
Visitors from the elderly to children can enjoy strolling with ease, utilizing benches for rest in the grounds.
Taking photos is allowed inside the hall and grounds.
|Included in this fee||・ Prayer (including a rental of a white garment and a Shakujo staff)
・ Goshuin-fuda charm with temple’s seals
|Not included in fees||・ Personal expenses
・ Interpreter-guide fee
|Address of meeting location||
* Details of the meeting location will be informed after reservation., Takatori-cho Takaichi-gun, Nara-prefecture
● By car
10 minutes from Asuka, 15 minutes from Kashihara-city
Parking lot available (Standard vehicle \500/day)
● By public transportation
10 minutes by bus from Tsubosaka-yama Station, Kintetsu Railway to Tsubosaka-dera-mae Bus Stop, then 1-min walk from there
* Bus service ends before 17:00, so please use a taxi to and from the nearest station at night.
* For details of bus schedule, please check the website of Nara Kotsu Bus Lines.
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
highlights in this area
|It is an old temple and was established in the 8th century. The temple is designated as the 6th temple of the “Saikoku Kannon Pilgrimage.”Currently, Tsubosaka-dera Temple values international exchange with India, home of Buddhism. Several stone statues from India are ensconced in the grounds. Among them, the Great Kannon Bodhisattva was presented as a token of appreciation for the temple's work to help leprosy suffers in India.|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 4 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Nara Visitors Bureau is a DMC (Destination Management Company) based in this ancient city, Nara. We offer various tours that are not just sight-seeing visits, but are cultural and historical experiences in which you can feel, touch and taste the real Nara.
A monk will guide you through the grounds of Tsubosaka-dera Temple outside of its opening hours. Then participate in the prayer for cure and good health of your eyes. You will wear a white garment and hold a “Shakujo” staff, both prepared by the temple, and pray accordingly to the guidance of a monk. After the prayer, enjoy exploring the lit-up grounds freely until the tour ends. You can take photos inside the hall and grounds. A “Goshuin-fuda” charm with temple’s seals is included.
Company:Nara Visitor's Bureau
Address:3 Ikeno-cho Nara-city Nara-prefecture