No.253"Gagaku" Japanese Ancient Music Stage Show & Workshop
¥3,800JPY (without Yamato Dinner)/ ¥6,800JPY (with Yamato Dinner) Available
Every Thursday. Required
2 hours (19:00 - 21:00) Language English
Experience "Gagaku" japanese ancient music stage show and workshpo in Tenri!!
The music is of foreign origin and imported largely from China and Korea as early as the 6th century and established as a court tradition by the 8th century.
Mostly, and mainly it is played by three instruments which are Hichiriki, Sho, and Ryuteki. It is about the 10th century when it completed in its artistic form, and from whence it has been passed down from generation to generation under the patronage of the Japanese Imperial Family.
Instrumental performances of gagaku with dance are called Bugaku which you can enjoy in this show and the workshop.
Try "Gagaku" instruments
Park side kitchen
|Program||"Gagaku" Japanese Ancient Music Stage Show & Workshop|
without Yamato Dinner:3,800 JPY
|Available time period||
2018-08-05 - 2019-03-31
|Available time period Detail||Every Thursday.|
|Schedule||1) See the stage show
・Gagaku is japanese ancient music&dance.
・Enjoy the most historical entertainment and experience its aristocratic atmosphere.
2) Try ancient costume.
・In our workshop, you can try ancient costumes and masks which are used in traditional dances.
3) Try instruments
・You can even try instruments. Learn how to make a sound and explore the mysterious connection between western and eastern music.
*If you book "with Yamato dinner plan", booking must be made by up to 7 days prior to the date of the show.
|Requirements for participation||-Children under the age 12 need to participate with their parents.|
|Things to bring / required items||Nothing in particular|
|Included in this fee||・Stage show
・Experience ancient costume and instruments.
・Dinner（If you book "with Yamato dinner" course)
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses|
|Meeting location||Park side kitchen in Tenri station.|
|Address of meeting location||
From Nara...17min. from JR Nara station by JR Mannyo-Mahoroba Line.
From Osaka...70min. from Osaka station by JR Osaka Loop Line & Yamatoji Line.
Transfer at JR Nara station to the local line for Tenri.
From Kyoto...70min. from Kyoto station by Kintetsu Line.
You can take following lines at Kyoto station.
A)Express for Tenri
B)Express for Nara station and transfer at Yamato-Saidaiji station to Local line for Tenri
C)Express for Kashiharajingu-mae station and transfer at Hirahata station to Local line for Tenri
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Payment will be accepted on arrival and Credit Card (VISA/Mastercard/American Express/JCB)is preferred.|
highlights in this area
|This is a good chance that you can feel ancient japan!|
Travel conditions, etc.：
In case of cancellation, the following charges shall apply.
*On the day of the tour: 100% of the tour fee
*No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 1 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Our company mission is bring joy of meeting someone you’ve never met before.
Find out the ancient Japanese culture and history with us!
Immerse Yourself in Ancient Japanese Music.
Address:816 Kawaharajo-tyou Tenri-city Nara-prefecture