No.305Heijo Palace and Yamato Koriyama Walking Tour (Full Day)
Per Person：10,000 JPY Available
All year round Required
Approx. 7 hours（09:40 - 16:40） Language English
How about walking in the World Heritage “Heijo Palace” and a castle town “Yamato koriyama” with an English speaking guide?
In the afternoon, you will visit a castle town “Yamato koriyama” prospered in and after the 16th century. Enjoy strolling through the castle town, where traditional Japanese streetscapes and lives still remain. Also, visit a traditional Japanese confectioner with a history of more than 400 years and then go to see goldfish, local specialty. The last stop is a symbol of town “Koriyama Castle,” where local people find a haven of rest.
Embassy ship to Tang Dynasty China (Photo by Heijo-kyo restoration project)
|Program||Heijo Palace and Yamato Koriyama Walking Tour (Full Day)|
Per Person:10,000 JPY
|Available time period||
All season program
|Schedule||09:40 Meet at JR Nara Station (west exit).
・With an English speaking guide, take a local bus to World Heritage “Heijo Palace”.
・Explore the various facilities at the vast “Nara Palace Site Historical Park” which was newly open in the “Heijo Palace” in 2018.
・Slip back in time to the ancient capital and imagine their lives while looking around the reconstructed architecture; “Suzaku-mon Gate,” “Imperial Audience Hall,” “Suzaku-oji Avenue,” and “Embassy ship to Tang Dynasty China.”
・Participate in programs where you can experience ancient lives and cultures at facilities in the park.
・Enjoy a lunch at a restaurant in the park.
・Visit “Yamato koriyama” after lunch by a local train.
・Enjoy strolling through the castle town, where traditional Japanese streetscapes and lives still remain. Also, visit a traditional Japanese confectioner with a history of more than 400 years and then go to see goldfish, local specialty.
・The last stop is a symbol of town “Koriyama Castle,” where local people find a haven of rest.
16:40 The tour ends in Yamato koriyama (JR Koriyama Station).
* Information on local transportation to the meeting location or to your accommodation will be given before the tour ends.
* Time and contents may be changed without a prior notice due to a local situation.
|Requirements for participation||Participants: 2 – 10 persons|
|Things to bring / required items||Nothing in particular
Please come in comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking.
|Included in this fee||・Guide in English
・Local bus ride from JR Nara Station (west exit) to Suzakumon-hiroba-mae Bus Stop
・Local train ride from Kintetsu Yamatosaidaiji Station to Kintetsu Yamatokoriyama Station
・Experience (Japanese confectionery and goldfish scooping)
|Not included in fees||・Drinks
・Other personal expenses
|Meeting location||JR Nara Station (west exit), No.13 Bus Stop|
|Meeting location Detail||Meeting time (09:40)
* A guide is waiting for you at the meeting location.
|Address of meeting location||
1-1 Sanjo-honmachi, Nara-city, Nara-prefecture
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 1 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Nara Visitors Bureau is a DMC (Destination Management Company) based in this ancient city Nara. We offer various tours that are not just sight-seeing visits, but are cultural and historical experiences which you can feel, touch and taste the real Nara.
Experience an historical adventure.
Company:Nara Visitor's Bureau
Address:3 Ikeno-cho Nara-city Nara-prefecture