No.320[Program currently off season] Nara Park Excursion to Observe Great Nature and Creatures. Let’s Find Lazuline Tumblebugs Endemic to Nara!
Adult(Per person)：3,300 JPY
Child(age less than 12)：1,650 JPY
2019-06-01 - 2019-10-31 Required
2 hours (120 min)
A two-hour excursion to observe great nature and creatures in Nara Park. Let’s find lazuline tumblebugs endemic to Nara! Discover another aspect of Nara Park!
This tour takes you to the wonder of great nature and creatures in Nara Park, where deer are believed to be divine messengers.
Let’s go and find lazuline tumblebugs called “Geotrupes auratus MOTSCHULSKY” that live only around Nara Park!
You found it!
It's a beautiful world
The inside of Naramachi Funchukan
|Program||[Program currently off season] Nara Park Excursion to Observe Great Nature and Creatures. Let’s Find Lazuline Tumblebugs Endemic to Nara!|
Adult(Per person):3,300 JPY
|Available time period||
2019-06-01 - 2019-10-31
|Required time||2 hours (120 min)
|Schedule||9:00 Meet at Kintetsu Nara Station - Explanation of the tour
○Start looking around Nara Park.
・Let’s observe tumblebugs handling dung of deer.
・Let’s find out about other insects and plants in Nara Park.
○Visit Kasugataisha Shrine, have a rest, and look around at some great nature again!
・Let’s learn about the natural environment in Nara Park and its interaction with creatures.
・Let’s observe lazuline tumblebugs called “Geotrupes auratus MOTSCHULSKY.”
・The tour ends at Nara Park.
You will receive an admission ticket to the Naramachi Dung Beetle Museum, which is valid for one month.
|Requirements for participation||Age: 6 or above
Minimum number of participants: 3 (maximum: 8)
*If we do not have a minimum of 3 participants, we will decide 2 days in advance whether or not to hold the program.
We will contact you by email or phone if the program will not be held.
(We will contact you the previous Thursday for Saturday programs, and the previous Friday for Sunday programs.)
|Things to bring / required items||・Please come in comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for outdoor activities, such as a long-sleeved shirt, full-length pants, and sports shoes.
・Drinks and snacks
・A backpack type bag, a hat, and a towel
・The tour will be on even if it rains (light rain). Please bring your own raincoat or a rain poncho.
|Included in this fee||Guide attendant fee
An admission ticket to Naramachi Dung Beetle Museum, which is valid for one month after you joined this program.
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses for drinks, etc.|
|Meeting location||Kintetsu-Nara-Staition Building|
|Meeting location Detail||Kintetsu-Nara-Staition Building 1F (Front of tourist infomaiton center)
|Address of meeting location||
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Do you know how the beautiful lush greenery is maintained in Nara Park? It’s thanks to creatures living there such as deer or tumblebugs. They say “Seeing is Believing.” Hope you’ll discover how the great nature is precious and interesting while actually observing the nature and creatures in Nara Park.
Address:28-13 minami-joto-cho Nara-city Nara-city Nara-prefecture