No.329【Long course】An introduction to Yoshinoyama
1 person：8,000 JPY Available
2018-10-01 - 2019-03-31 Required
About 3 hours Language English
【Long course】Familiarize yourself with the rich history and culture of Yoshinoyama in this introductory tour.
In this experience, participants will receive a guided tour on foot of the Yoshinoyama area by a local English language-speaking resident of the area. The area’s deep history, culture, and various significant locations will be introduced over the course of the tour.
Estimated walking distance: About 7 KM
Elevation change over the course: About 80 meters uphill and 500 meters downhill.
Yoshitsune's Tower Hideout
Zao-do Hall,Kimpusen-ji Temple in winter
|Program||【Long course】An introduction to Yoshinoyama|
1 person:8,000 JPY
|Available time period||
2018-10-01 - 2019-03-31
|Required time||About 3 hours|
|Schedule||Meet in front of Yoshino Station and take a taxi(costs about 4,000 yen per vehicle) to the Oku-senbon area of Yoshinoyama. From Oku-senbon, participants will be guided to Kinpu-jinja Shrine and Yoshitsune Minamoto’s old mountain hideout. From there the tour will continue on foot down the main street of Yoshinoyama to see the World Heritage locations of Mikumari-Jinja Shrine, Yoshimizu-jinja Shrine and Kinpusen-ji Temple’s Zao do Hall. Participants will also be guided to Hanayagura view point (a great spot for taking photographs) and pass by Yoshinoyama’s various traditional shops and ryokans.
The tour will end either at the top “Nanamagari Road” (which leads down from the main street of Yoshinoyama to Yoshino station), or back in front Yoshino Station, depending on the choice of participants.
|Things to bring / required items||Bring enough water to stay hydrated, walking shoes, clothing that fits the season, rain gear.|
|Included in this fee||Guide fee|
|Not included in fees||Transportation to and from Yoshinoyama. Taxi fee up to the main street of Yoshinoyama. Fee for entering any temple or shrine in the area (if participants wish to enter a temple or shrine during the tour, they are responsible for any required fees).
|Meeting location||In front of Kintetsu Yoshino Station.|
|Address of meeting location||
6261 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino-cho, Yoshino-gun, Nara,
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 5 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
The Yoshino Visitors Bureau is a portal for tours in Yoshino. Our programs our designed to give participants a deep understanding of Yoshino through a variety of different experiences. Programs include Yoshino Forest Therapy, held within the region’s magnificent cedar forests, as well as other programs which serve to highlight the history, culture, daily life and manufacturing traditions of Yoshino.
It is highly recommended guests stay the night in one of Yoshinoyama’s many guest houses to fully immerse themselves in the area’s special atmosphere of nature and history.
Company:Yoshino Vistor's Bureau
Address:77-1 Kamiichi Yoshino-cho Yoshino-gun Nara-prefecture Yoshino-cho Yoshino-gun Nara-prefecture