No.404[Program currently off season] Strawberry picking in the early morning [An exclusive stay in a Japanese traditional warehouse room of the guest house in Asuka village]
Minimum participants: 2 (10,500 yen per person) Available
January 15, 2019 - April 30, 2019 Required
Picking time: For 30 minutes ('all-you-can-eat' style) Language Japanese,English
Picking Asuka Ruby strawberry of Asuka village in the early morning. [A stay with breakfast in a Japanese traditional warehouse room of Asuka Guest House (limited to only one pair a day)]
This early morning plan was developed by the owner of the strawberry farm so that the guest can taste the strawberries when they're at their best.
For 30 minutes, you can eat Asuka Ruby, one of Nara's leading brand strawberries, as much as you like. Also comes with one package of the strawberries as a souvenir.
Because the picking takes place in the early morning, this program includes a stay in Asuka Guest House.
Your group can stay exclusively in the Japanese-style warehouse room (w/breakfast).
- Two to six guests can stay in the room.
< Unique features in this strawberry picking >
- Instead of agricultural chemical, lactic bacteria and syrups are used for making safe and health-conscious strawberries.
- The greenhouse is warm even in winter with the heat of fermentation. You can enjoy the picking in all weather.
- Free parking lots are available near the farm. Water services and Western-style toilets are fully equipped, as well as the tables and chairs for resting. The equipment makes this farm user-friendly, especially for women.
Cultivated in the vinyl house
An exclusive stay in a Japanese traditional warehouse room
Close to AsukaDera
|Program||[Program currently off season] Strawberry picking in the early morning [An exclusive stay in a Japanese traditional warehouse room of the guest house in Asuka village]|
2 people (10,500 yen per person):21,000 JPY
|Available time period||
2019-01-15 - 2019-04-30
|Available time period Detail||Time to start picking: In between 7:00 and 9:30 the next morning|
|Required time||Picking time: For 30 minutes ('all-you-can-eat' style)|
|Schedule||< Day 1 >
Check-in the guest house (please finish check-in until 22:00).
Take your relaxing time in the old folk house inn.
You can also enjoy Nara's local sake and small dishes (extra fee is required).
- - - - - - Stay in the guest house - - - - - -
< Day 2 >
Walk to the strawberry farm (approx. 750m, about 10 minutes walk).
* Please come to the farm in between 7:00 and 9:30.
* Please refer to the map handed in the guest house for the way to the strawberry farm.
Strawberry picking ('all-you-can-eat' for 30 minutes + one package of the strawberries as a souvenir)
- Start Time: between 7:00 and 9:30
- Brief instruction (how to pick, etc.)
- Start picking and eating (for 30 minutes)
Breakfast at the guest house (Buffet style. You may have breakfast before the strawberry picking)
Check-out (you may check out before the strawberry picking).
|group / party||limited to only one pair a day|
|Requirements for participation||Minimum number of participants: 2 (maximum: 6)
* A more reasonable plan is also available. Please refer to No.405 Dormitory Plan.
|Things to bring / required items||In strawberry picking: - Easy-to-move clothes - Wet tissue or towels are recommended to wipe your hands and mouth.|
|Included in this fee||- In the accommodation: With breakfast (buffet style)
- In strawberry picking: 'All-you-can-eat' for 30 minutes + one package of the strawberries as a souvenir
|Not included in fees||- Personal expenses, Dinner, Pickup.
* The guest house has no parking lots. Please use the parking lots nearby (500 JPY/day).
* Please refer to "Notices for staying in Asuka Guest House" for amenity goods.
|Meeting location||Please go directly to Asuka Guest House.
- Take your relaxing time after the check-in.
- The strawberry picking takes place in the next morning.
|Meeting location Detail||The map to the strawberry farm is available in the accommodation.|
|Address of meeting location||
659 Asuka, Asuka village(Asuka guest house), Asuka-mura Takaichi-gun, Nara-prefecture
- 20 minutes from Katsuragi Interchange of Minami Hanna Road.
- 45 minutes from Tenri Interchange of Nishi Meihan Expressway
- 40 minutes from Kouriyama Interchange of Keinawa Expressway.
By public transportation
- Take limited express for Yoshino at Kintetsu Osaka Abenobashi Station and get off at Kashihara Jingumae Station. 40 minutes by limited express (45 minutes by express)
- Take limited express for Kashihara Jingumae at Kintetsu Kyoto Station and get off at Kashihara Jingumae Station. 60 minutes by limited express (70 minutes by express)
* Please check the timetable of the trains. The number of trains is limited.
Bus (Nara Kotsu Bus Lines)
- Take a bus from Kashihara Jingumae station East Exit to Asuka Daibutsumae. The bus ride will be around 14 minutes. The farm is a 3 minutes walk from the bus stop.
* Please check the timetable at Nara Kotsu Bus Lines official page.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||None|
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
English is also available with simple English and flip cards.
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Nara Visitors Bureau is a DMC (Destination Management Company) based in this ancient city Nara. We offer various tours that are not just sight-seeing visits, but are cultural and historical experiences which you can feel, touch and taste the real Nara.
Do you know the best time for eating strawberries? It is in the morning. How about picking the strawberries in the early morning before the farm opens? This is an exclusive plan only available for those who participated in this program.
Company:Nara Visitor's Bureau
Address:3 Ikeno-cho Nara-city Nara-prefecture