No.439Hand Painted Yuzen Dyeing Experience in Machiya townhouse
32,400 yen per one person Available
All season program Required
Approx. 4 hours Language Japanese,English
The instructor has been recognized from among the artisans engaged in creating traditional crafts, as designated by METI ( Minister of Economy Trade and Industry), as a “Traditional Craftsman” because of her commitment to maintaining a high level of quality. She will carefully explain the process in simple terms so that even the beginner can understand.
Profile of the Instructor
Arisa Tomikawa Traditional Craftsman ( Hand Painted Kyo Yuzen )
Tomikawa set up an atelier for Hand Painted Kyo Yuzen and named it “Arisa”. She used the traditional methods of batik dyeing, Itome (thread) yuzen and sketching to create kimonos and obis in a fresh new way. She creates each work from scratch through a process of dialoging with the customer. Each silk stole and piece of Japanese accessory is hand made.
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 21 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
We run the guesthouse that provides Japanese cultural experience such as tea ceremony, Japanese calligraphy and Hand Painted Yuzen dyeing workshop for the tourists.
Painting a pattern on a 100% dyed silk stole
Company:NARAigoto EENA HOUSE
Address:18 Kawanokami Tsukinuke-cho, Nara city Nara-city Nara-prefecture