No.79Writing brush making experience (Weekdays)
Admission fee : free
Brush making experience : 2,160 JPY
(big and small brush making (you can take them home.)
There are no discounts for children.
All year except Sundays, Golden week holidays, summer holidays, New Year holidays.
(We have some temporary closures.)
**Please note that over 15 participants are required if you would like to join Brush making experience program on Saturday**
approx.60-90 min. Language English
Making Japanese traditional Brush and take it home with you as a very original souvenir!
You can make your own ink brush at our showroom.
The experience is the process to set the brush with glue.
You can also enjoy watching craftsmen's work, talks by craftsmen and shopping at our showroom.
Let's enjoy making writing brushes! It must be unique experience.
It is also possible to try brushes for making up at our showroom.
|Program||Writing brush making experience (Weekdays)|
|Available time period||
All season program
|Available time period Detail||10:00 - 17:00 (reservation needed by 16:00)|
|Required time||approx.60-90 min.|
|Schedule||①Soak the brush to its core with liquid glue.
②Remove the glue with thread and align the shape of the tips.
③Dry and the brush is completed.
|Requirements for participation||・Elementary school students and over
(Elementary school students are required to be with parents or adults.)
・Maximum 40 participants for tour of a facility.
・Maximum 30 participants for brush making experience.
※In case of over 30 participants, it will be rotating.
※Only on Saturday, minimum participants are over 15 people.
If you want to book on Saturday, please book the program for Saturday. (Course No.172)
|Things to bring / required items||Nothing in particular|
|Included in this fee||Big and small brush set, ink brush|
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses|
|Meeting location||Akashiya showroom|
|Meeting location Detail||Meet at the destination|
|Address of meeting location||
78-1 minami shincho Nara city, Nara-city, Nara-prefecture
Bus : Sanjo Oji 2-chome station (approx.13 min. from Kintetsu or JR Nara station) and 8 min. on foot Southward
Taxi : 2.8 km from Kintetsu Yamato Saidaiji station
2.7 km from JR Nara station
walk : 1.6 km from Kintetsu amagatsuji station
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||Pick-up service unavailable|
|Payment method||Please pay onsite in cash or by credit card|
highlights in this area
|It must be unique experience for your Japan Holiday!|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 1 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.