No.225Making a Bamboo Tea Whisk (Chasen) & Enjoying a Japanese Garden at High-class Japanese Restaurant
per person：10,000 JPY Available
All season program Required
(10:30 - 12:30)
Have a precious experience in the birthplace of tea ceremony and tea whisks!
This is a very rare opportunity to watch master craftsman Tango Tanimura's fascinating techniques in person.
Tango Tanimura is a head of the 20th generation of the Tanimura family who produced tea whisks for over 500 years in Takayama, Nara prefecture.
During the program, you can watch the demonstration by Mr Tanimura and try the last step of making a tea whisk under his guidance.
Please take it home with you as an original souvenir after completing your tea whisk.
The program is held at Hyakurakusou, a high-class Japanese restaurant located in the west of Nara city. There are 10 elaborately designed Japanese houses and a traditional wide garden. Please feel real Japanese seasons and the beauty of nature there.
The only one in the world!
Green maple leaves in early summer
Beautiful autumn foliage.
|Program||Making a Bamboo Tea Whisk (Chasen) & Enjoying a Japanese Garden at High-class Japanese Restaurant|
per person:10,000 JPY
|Available time period||
All season program
|Required time||120 minutes
(10:30 - 12:30)
|Schedule||10:30 Meet at Hyakurakusou main building
90 min : Tea Whisks Experience
- Explanation of tea whisks
- Watching demonstration
- Trying the last step of making a tea whisk by yourself
- Question time
30 min : Free garden walk without a guide
12:30 The program ends at Hyakurakusou
*Please note that the time and tour schedule may vary without prior notice depending on local conditions.
*If you want to book lunch after the program at Hyakurakusou, please refer to the "Attention".
|Requirements for participation||*Minimum 2 participants
*Maximum 20 participants
*Children 11 years old and over
|Things to bring / required items||Nothing in particular|
|Included in this fee||*Tea whisk making experience
*Free garden walk
|Not included in fees||*Personal expenses
*Kimono rental fee
|Meeting location Detail||A main building of Hyakurakusou|
|Address of meeting location||
From Kintetsu Tomio Station:
- 5 minutes on foot from the station.
To Kintetsu Tomio Station:
- 30 minutes by Kintetsu Railway from Kintetsu Osaka-Namba Station.
- 60 minutes by Kintetsu Railway from Kintetsu Kyoto Station.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||Pick-up service unavailable|
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
The instructor will explain in easy/simple English.
highlights in this area
|Don't miss this rare chance to watch master craftsmanship!|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 4 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.