No.300Pottery Class in Naramachi
3,500 JPY per person Available
Every Tuesday to Sunday (Regularly closed on Mondays) Required
Approx. 90 minutes
AM 09:30am - 11:00am
PM 01:00pm - 02:30pm
PM 03:30pm - 05:00pm
-Please select your desired time.
Would you like to enjoy Pottery at Naramachi, an old town surrounded by many well-reserved historical buildings?
Enjoy forming a clods of clay into an object required.
Find out the fun of making pottery and its resonance!
The teacher learned Kyoto’s Kiyomizu pottery and Nara’s Akahada pottery, and has been teaching pottery for over 30 years. He kindly teaches you how to make pottery.
You are given 4kg of clay. You can try to make anything you want.
Grab how much you want out of your potion, and you can form into bowl, cup or flower vase by using an electric pottery wheel.
After completing the forming, choose your best clay pot.
The teacher takes care of firing it, which takes about 45 days to 60 days. Then it will be shipped to your address.
One electric pottery wheel for each customer.
Please make whatever you like.
After firing, we will deliver to you.
|Program||Pottery Class in Naramachi|
Per person:3,500 JPY
|Available time period||
All season program
|Required time||Approx. 90 minutes|
|Schedule||Meeting / Dismissing at Manyo Pottery Studio
-Enjoy making your original pottery with 4kg of clay.
-Please choose one of your best work for firing.
*If you would like to fire more than one pottery, additional fee 800 JPY per a pottery is required.
-Please choose your favorite color from 5 colors of grazes.
-Firing takes 45 – 60 days.
-After firing completed, the pottery will be delivered to your home.
-Please pay shipping fee by cash on the spot.
*Estimated shipping fee: 2,050 JPY/Asia, 2,750 JPY/USA, 3,200 JPY/Europe
(Depends on actual size, weight and region)
*Shipment is not available for certain countries.
|Requirements for participation||*Minimum: 1 participant
*Maximum: 10 participants
*Children…13 years old and over who accompanied with adult.
|Things to bring / required items||-Please be advised that your clothes may get dirty by clay, so come in clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting dirty.
*We recommend you to wear pants.
*A disposable apron is available with a charge.
|Included in this fee||-4kg of clay per person
-Necessary equipment (Electric pottery wheel)
-Firing fee for one clay pot
|Not included in fees||-Additional firing fee
|Meeting location||Manyo Pottery Studio|
|Meeting location Detail||21 Jurinin-cho, Nara-city, Nara
-From Kintetsu Nara station: 20 minutes on foot
-From JR Nara station: 25 minutes on foot
-Parking lots for 2 cars are available
|Address of meeting location||
21 Jurinin-cho, Nara-city, Nara-prefecture
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Cash / on the spot|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 1 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.