No.300Pottery Class in Naramachi
3,500 JPY per person Available
Every Tuesday to Sunday (Regularly closed on Mondays) Required
Approx. 90 minutes
AM 09:30am - 11:00am
PM 01:00pm - 02:30pm
PM 03:30pm - 05:00pm
-Please select your desired time.
Would you like to enjoy Pottery in Naramachi, an old town full of many well-preserved historical building?
Enjoy forming clods of cray into whatever object you require.
Discover the fun of making pottery and its resonance!
The teacher studied Kyoto's Kiyomizu pottery and Nara's Akahada pottery, and has been teaching pottery for over 30 years. You will feel his warmth while he teaches you how to make pottery.
You are given 4kg of clay. You can try to make anything you want.
Grab however much you want from your potion, and then form it into a bowl, cup or flower vase by using an electric pottery wheel.
After you are finished, choose your best clay pot.
The teacher takes care of firing it, which takes about 45 days to 60 days. Then it will be shipped to your address.
One electric pottery wheel for each customer.
Please make whatever you like.
After firing your work, we will send it to you.
|Program||Pottery Class in Naramachi|
Per person:3,500 JPY
|Available time period||
All season program
|Required time||Approx. 90 minutes|
|Schedule||Meeting / Ending at Manyo Pottery Studio
-Enjoy making your own original pottery with 4kg of clay.
-Please choose one of your best works for firing.
*If you would like to fire more than one piece of pottery, an additional fee of 800 JPY per piece of pottery is required.
-Please choose your favorite color from 5 colors of grazes.
-Firing takes 45 – 60 days.
-After firing is completed, the pottery will be sent to your home.
-Please pay shipping fees by cash on the spot.
*Estimated shipping fees: Asia: 2,050 JPY; USA: 2,750 JPY; Europe: 3,200 JPY
(Depends on actual size, weight and region)
*Shipment is not available for certain countries.
|Requirements for participation||*Minimum: 1 participant
*Maximum: 10 participants
*Children…13 years old and over who are accompanied with adult.
|Things to bring / required items||-Please be advised that your clothes may get dirty by clay, so come in clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting dirty.
*We recommend you to wear pants.
*A disposable apron is available with a charge.
|Included in this fee||-4kg of clay per person
-Necessary equipment (Electric pottery wheel)
-Firing fee for one clay pot
|Not included in fees||-Additional firing fee
|Meeting location||Manyo Pottery Studio|
|Meeting location Detail||21 Jurinin-cho, Nara-city, Nara
-From Kintetsu Nara station: 20 minutes on foot
-From JR Nara station: 25 minutes on foot
-Parking lots for 2 cars are available
|Address of meeting location||
21 Jurinin-cho, Nara-city, Nara-prefecture
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Credit card or cash, PayPay, ALIPAY, Airpay on the spot|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 1 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.