No.346Making genuine sausages in an old folk house on the approach to Okadera temple.
Per person：3,850 JPY Available
All year Required
Approx. 3 hours Language Japanese,English
How about making and tasting genuine sausages in a cozy old folk house more than one hundred years old?
The factory is a renovated old folk house comprised of a warehouse, the main building, and a kadoya (a room in the gate of a residence).
The warehouse is the factory for smoking. Our experience, making and eating the sausages, is held in the main building.
You can taste your sausage in a relaxing atmosphere of the cozy countryside.
The factory sells its sausages, hams, bacon, etc. there. It also provides a place for the people who want to live or work in Asuka village so that they can simulate and consult about life in Asuka.
Stuffing the kneaded meat evenly.
Cutting the sausage at the twisted points.
The garden leads from the kadoya to the main building.
|Program||Making genuine sausages in an old folk house on the approach to Okadera temple.|
Per person:3,850 JPY
|Available time period||
All season program
|Available time period Detail||Every Thursday and Saturday.
|Required time||Approx. 3 hours
|Schedule||* Preparation (introduction of this experience, hand-washing, etc.)
* Sausage making (about 1 hour and 20 minutes)
(Mix and knead the meat, spices, etc. -> stuff it into the gut -> twist, tie, and shape the sausages) This will make about 15 sausages.
The staffs will boil and cool your sausages.
* Free time (about 40 minutes)
We recommend you to stroll Okadera temple or the relics of Asuka-kyo old palace site.
Every Friday, a consulting service is available for the people who plan to move to Nara prefecture.
(This service is provided by Salone 'I-jyu'.)
* Taste your sausage in the cozy old folk house
You may eat your sausage on site or bring them back home.
Good for a small dish for a beer tonight. Also good for box lunch tomorrow.
(Cooler bag is useful for carrying back.)
|group / party||The maximum number of participants is 10 (please ask us for the participants more than 10).|
|Requirements for participation||-Minimum: 2 participants
-Maximum: 10 participants
|Things to bring / required items||required items; Apron Bandana, cap, or any other things that can cover your head Recommended things to bring; Easy-to-move clothes Cooler bag (for carrying back your sausages)|
|Included in this fee||Tools and items for use in this experience.
About 15 sausages (the total of the ones you eat on site and the ones you bring back).
* The number of sausages depends on the length of your sausages.
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses|
|Meeting location Detail||Nara Kotsu From "Okaebisu" bus stop 1 minute|
|Address of meeting location||
1170 Oka, Asuka village, Asuka-mura Takaichi-gun, Nara-prefecture
- 20 minutes from Katsuragi Interchange of Minami Hanna Road.
- 45 minutes from Tenri Interchange of Nishi Meihan Expressway
- 40 minutes from Kouriyama Interchange of Keinawa Expressway.
By public transportation
- Take limited express for Yoshino at Kintetsu Osaka Abenobashi Station and get off at Kashihara Jingumae Station. 40 minutes by limited express (45 minutes by express)
- Take limited express for Kashihara Jingumae at Kintetsu Kyoto Station and get off at Kashihara Jingumae Station. 60 minutes by limited express (70 minutes by express)
* Please check the timetable of the trains. The number of trains is limited.
Bus (Nara Kotsu Bus Lines)
- Take a bus from Kashihara Jingumae station East Exit to Okaebisumae. The bus ride will be around 10 minutes. The farm is a one-minute walk from the bus stop.
* Please check the timetable at Nara Kotsu Bus Lines official page.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||None|
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
English is also available with simple English and flip cards.
highlights in this area
|Located on the approach to Okadera-temple in Asuka village, the factory makes smoked meat products such as sausages, bacon, and hams.
The factory also operates 'Ho Suseri Asuka', a simulation space under the concept of 'casting your thought into shape'.
The factory is directly operated by Sakura Burger in Nara Kitamachi area.
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 14 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
The factory is comprised of three buildings: a warehouse, the main building, and a kadoya (a room in the gate for a residence). The warehouse is the factory for smoking. Our experience, making and eating the sausages, is held in the main building. The kadoya is used for various events and workshops.
Address:1170 Oka, Asuka village, Takaichi-gun, Nara Asuka-mura Takaichi-gun Nara-prefecture