No.246Hiking Adventure in Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest
Per person (2-5 participant)：16,000 JPY
* Per person (1 participant)：32,000 JPY
2021-01-21 - 2022-12-25 Required
6 hours (10:00 - 16:00) Language Japanese,English
Hiking tour in Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest, surrounded by beautiful nature, various plants and animals, and amazing picturesque views.
It has remained untouched for thousands of years and has been carefully protected as the sacred forest of the Kasugataisha Shrine. There are over 800 types of trees, wild animals, rare birds and insects.
Takisaka-no-Michi path, one of the famous hiking courses in the forest, passes a waterfall and small caves carved with Buddha figures. It is said to be a training path for monks in Nara and you can see the objects of faith along the way.
The path leads to Yagyu Village known as the birthplace of the Yagyu Shinkage School of swordsmanship. The statue of Kubikiri Jizo appears along the way. It has been sliced at the neck by a sword. According to folklore, it was used by the master swordsman to test his blade.
Please feel our history and culture in the Primeval Forest and enjoy a rare opportunity with a professional guide!
There is a lot of lush greenery.
A stone image of the Buddha
|Program||Hiking Adventure in Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest|
Per person (1 participant):32,000 JPY
|Available time period||
2021-01-21 - 2022-12-25
|Available time period Detail||Held irregularly
*Please check the calendar as below
|Required time||6 hours (10:00 - 16:00)|
|Schedule||10:00 Meet up at Nara Visitor Center & Inn
* Transfer to Takisaka-no-Michi path in Mt Kasuga Primeval Forest by taxi
* Hiking with Mt. Kasuga professional guide
* Looking at Stone Buddhist Image which was built 700-800 years ago
* Lunch at Kubikiri Jizo area
* After lunch, walking along footpaths in Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest
16:00 The tour ends at the south entrance of footpath in Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest
** OP **
Visiting Kasuga-taisha shrine on your own after the tour
|Requirements for participation||* Maximum 5 participants
* Minimum 1 participant
(The tour price is subject to the number of participants)
* 11 years old or over
* There are no discounts for children
* Children must be accompanied with adults
|Things to bring / required items||* Long length trousers (all seasons)
* Long sleeve tops (all seasons)
* Trainers or Hiking boots (Note: they might get dirty)
* Sun hat (Broad‐brimmed hat is preferable)
* Towels (For around the neck,etc.)
* Rain wear
|Included in this fee||* A professional nature guide (Guided in simple English)
* Transfer fee from Nara Visitor Center & Inn to Takisaka-no-Michi path
* Lunch box (sandwich)
|Not included in fees||* Personal expenses
* Transfer fee for a return trip
|Meeting location||Nara Visitor Center & Inn|
|Address of meeting location||
3 Ikenocho, Nara-city, Nara-prefecture
From JR Nara Station:
- 18 minutes on foot from the station.
From Kintetsu Nara station:
- 7 minutes on foot from the station.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||Pick-up service unavailable|
|Payment method||Payment by credit card|
The guide will explain in easy/simple English.
highlights in this area
|You can enjoy the clear and crisp air!|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 7 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Nara Visitors Bureau is a DMC (Destination Management Company) based in this ancient city, Nara. We offer various tours that are not just sight-seeing visits, but are cultural and historical experiences in which you can feel, touch and taste the real Nara.
How about going on an adventure tour in Primeval Forest with experienced guide?
Company:Nara Visitor's Bureau
Address:3 Ikeno-cho Nara-city Nara-prefecture